Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18th, 2014

Dear Family!

As you know, the Poguester and I are back together! absolutely unreal. When I heard the call from the assistants, I was sure that they were takin' the mick. but it's true! it's great! It honestly feels like we never stopped serving together. It's cool to see Elder Pogue almost a year after I last served with him, as his skills as a missionary have really improved, hopefully mine have as well. 

We have some sweet things going on in our area! Alex, Ariel, and Anthia are all preparing for baptism on the 30th of August, and they are all looking really solid, coming to church, and enjoying learning more about the restored gospel.  

We had an investigator, Caroline, who was 5 days away from her baptism during June. We all of the sudden just couldn't contact her. She mentioned that she was buying a house for her parents in Loughborough, and they would move in sometime during August. well, we still haven't been able to contact Caroline, but her parents and her grandma came to church yesterday! and they really enjoyed it! so we're exited to see what will come from that. They just walked into church out of curiousity. 

Michael Brooks, an investigator we've been working LOADS with, was one day away from his baptism this week, and we couldn't contact him. He agreed for us to stop by in the evening for us to let him know when the baptismal interview was, and he wouldn't come to the door or answer his phone. so that was a bummer, but we're certain hew ill come around in the future.  

We had the ward barbecue this week, all of the members were shocked to see that I'm still in the ward. I couldn't be happier than to stay in Loughborough. Definitely the best ward and as well the time I've grown the most as a missionary through different trials.  Hopefully I can finish my last transfer (we'll see, could be more) with a bang. President Rasmussen made a rule that zone leaders can only be zone leaders for 5 transfers, so this will also be my last! I'm exited for that to be honest. I cannot wait to have 100% of the time dedicated to finding and teaching. 

Barry was asked by the bishop to bear his testimony during sacrament meeting! It was incredible! He talked about how the book of mormon was so influential in his conversion, and he invited the congregation to read every day, he then testified of the sacrament, and of his baptism, and invited all of the non members to throw away all of their doubts and enjoy the blessings of being baptized immediately. It was so powerful! 

Ivy is back in Loughborough :) we picked her up at the train station and that was brilliant to see her again. 

oh.. I stepped on a nail this week. that sucked haha. It was way more the shock of a nail actually in my foot than it was the pain, but all is well! I went and got it checked out at the doctors and nothing is wrong, it was a clean nail. 

I love you all so much! I'm exited for everything that lies ahead in all of our lives! have a great week and remember that I love you! but more importantly, remember that our father in heaven loves you, and has a plan that sometimes makes no sense to us, but he is perfect in the way he always has a plan for us to be happy. take care! 

Elder Harris. 

No comments:

Post a Comment