Monday, February 16, 2015

Feb 16, 2015







Hey family!

I don't really know what to write! This week was quite good. Our most progressing investigator is a newer Chinese investigator named Alan. He is way solid. He loves the church, as we invited him to be baptized on the 7th of March his reply was, "do I have to quit smoking by then?" we replied that of course he did, and he said, "No problem, 2015 is my year!" haha It was great. HE's really awesome. 

I love Swansea. I am gutted to the core that I only have 6 weeks here because of how much I am enjoying the area. This morning I woke up and as I was putting on my badge I realized that I only have 3 more weeks as a missionary. I was devastated. I will be fine, but I've never had to deal with anything so emotionally challenging! haha I'm pathetic I know.  

One of the highlights this week was teaching all of the people from the born-again church that we attended last week. None of them will even open the book of mormon, but besides that they are great, and I hope that we will develop a relationship that will last beyond the mission. 

I got to go to the mission office this week for a district leader training meeting, where I got to see some of my good mission friends... some of them for the last time ever as they live in various parts of Europe and the U.S. It was especially good to see Elder Costigan- he's serving as a district leader in Coventry and is experiencing very similar things to me as I served there. He loves it! 
  
tomorrow is Zone Conference, and I've been asked to give my departing testimony! I never thought that day would come, but it will be great! 

This week I will focus on focusing! haha I need to completely forget that there is a time limit and just smell the roses and soak in all I can. I love you all so much! thanks for being such an excellent support for me. Keep me and Elder Magda, as well as our investigators in your prayers. Love you!

Elder Harris. 

No comments:

Post a Comment